Image Map Image Map

Thread: Can BIOS chip be reset ? Digital HI_Noute Ultra II

Default Can BIOS chip be reset ? Digital HI_Noute Ultra II

Hello, people ! 2 years ago bought a DIGITAL HiNoute Ultra II - it has spend a year withou bios chip - but still no cure, it must have a flash based BIOS chip ... I really like it - it looks incredibly cool and weights almost nothing ) Can anything be done - or I have to find and replace BIOS chip ? Please help !

Blog Entries

The BIOS memory (ROM/EPROM/flash) is where the startup code for the machine is located. You need it to do anything useful (i.e. not a doorstop) with your machine.

Blog Entries

I was thinking the problem the problem was with the CMOS passwords which are a known problem with Hi-Notes and the use of BIOS indicates a translation error.

There should be a pair of pins on the motherboard which when shorted will clear the passwords. I don't know if anyone put a diagram of the board to clearly show where to short.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20040223...key/index.html shows how it works on the CT475

It may have a backdoor BIOS password of "Syxz"

Blog Entries

"...it has spend a year withou bios chip... "

Am I taking the OP too literally? If it doesn't have a BIOS chip, how will it boot?

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I was thinking the problem the problem was with the CMOS passwords which are a known problem with Hi-Notes and the use of BIOS indicates a translation error.

There should be a pair of pins on the motherboard which when shorted will clear the passwords. I don't know if anyone put a diagram of the board to clearly show where to short.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20040223...key/index.html shows how it works on the CT475

It may have a backdoor BIOS password of "Syxz"
    Thanks ! If I was in the same country I would be happy to send a bottle of good whiskey fot that advice, as this notebook is the best looking somputer I ever saw in my life, for my opinion )
    Syxz didt work but with shorting the chip contacts - it was the cure ! )