Image Map Image Map

Thread: J-Mark J-5TXC Problems

Default J-Mark J-5TXC Problems

I have an old pentium mmx 200/66 on a Jetway(J-Mark) J-5TXC motherboard. The computer won't show anything on the screen and will produce short beeps that continue until I turn off the computer. I would like some help to be able to post this beast!
    Other specs:
    32MB of SIMM RAM
    FDD
    CD DRIVE
    QUANTUM BIGFOOT (UNKNOWN CAPACITY)
    DIAMOND S3 TRIO64V2/DX
    SOUNDBLASTER 16

According to Google, your board uses an Award BIOS.

Also according to Google, endless beeps means that there's something wrong with the RAM.

Try removing the RAM and cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser. If the contacts are copper, scrub lightly until the copper tarnish goes away. If the contacts are aluminum/tin, scrub lightly until the contacts are shiny and don't have a dull film on them anymore. Re-install the memory module and make sure it sits properly, SIMM modules can be hard to seat properly due to having to insert them at an angle and clip them in. If the metal retention tabs are bent or missing, getting them seated won't be possible.

I tried it and it did not work.

Aside from motherboard jumper settings causing some other issue, either the motherboard's at fault, or its the RAM. You could try some different RAM.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.