Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BC08H Cables

1. Default BC08H Cables

Hi,

I need a pair of BC08H cables for expanding my pdp-8a omnibus. Are those hard to find? I have drawn a new set of boards that I intend to order if I can't get the real thing. Is there anybody that would be interested if I make some boards?

The boards that I plan to build uses regular flat cable instead of the flexprint cable that I can't find anywhere, just FFC cables which is much thinner and super expensive at long lengths (like 500mm) .

And at last, yes I do have the KK8E processor (otherwise expansion isn't possible).

I'm surprised there had been no responses so far. I would be interested in one set if you made a run of boards. I was looking into such in the past when I wanted to connect a hex-height 8/a 12-slot backplane chassis to my 8/e so that I could neatly install the RL8A.

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by anders_bzn View Post
    I have drawn a new set of boards that I intend to order if I can't get the real thing. Is there anybody that would be interested if I make some boards?
    I'm also interested, right behind Lou :-}.

paul

4. Default

It's ok. There is one set of boards for each of you.

I have already ordered the boards and I made ten of each (M936/M937). To build one extension set two boards of each are needed. I'll keep at least 2 sets for myself, which means that there is one left.

Those could be used for connecting two back planes together in one PDP-8e box as well, but a little different setup is needed.

I'll upload the documentation later.

It's ok. There is one set of boards for each of you.
    _Thank you_!

Wow, thank you very much also!

Lou

7. Default

Finally, here is a link to the documentation: http://www.pdp-9.net/docs/BC08H/BC08H.pdf

The connector should be a Harting 09181509622, wire to board connector: https://www.mouser.se/ProductDetail/...CBeL%2fnwPlQ== or similar.

The flat cable should be any standard 1.27mm 50 pol one.

8. Default

The boards arrived today, this is what they look like. I have to order the components so I can built the cables. The card edges must be chamfered of manually.

The boards arrived today, this is what they look like. I have to order the components so I can built the cables. The card edges must be chamfered of manually.
    Look good to me. Nice silkscreen! Hand-chamfering is a well-honed technology known to many of us :->.

paul

Those boards would plug into the FlipChip tester that a group of us are working on. Each of the signal wires would be connected to a SPI GPIO pin on tester. Using the FTDI drivers and DLLs you could write a program to talk to anything on the end of the cable.
    Member of the Rhode Island Computer Museum
    http://www.ricomputermuseum.org