Last Wednesday, I purchased 3 EEPROM/Flash chips in quantities of 2 per chip and size (64Kb > 8K x 8, 256Kb > 32K x 8, and 2Mb > 256K x 8 ) for various devices, such as my Roland SC-55 (upgraded the Controller ROM from version 1.20 to 1.21 successfully), and my Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus computer for higher HDD storage support that my Packard Bell doesn't recognize without sacrificing 20K of conventional memory using the Dynamic Disk Overlay software to make the HDD size bigger, and it only uses 1K of the conventional RAM (of 640K), which is even better.

I then programmed 2 64Kb EEPROM chips with the XT-IDE (ide_at.bin) file, inserted one into my 3Com EtherLink III 3C509-TP Ethernet card after enabling the boot ROM feature and setting the appropriate parameters, such as the address and ROM size (8K), tested it to make sure the ROM was successful, and it was, but didn't boot as I forgot to disable the HDD parameters in the BIOS on the motherboard itself. After that was taken care of, I put it to the test by booting into MS-DOS (safe mode with minimal drivers) and Windows 95C, and it loaded without issues.

I also found a YouTube video about it and I also made a 32K EEPROM containing the same file, but copied the lines of code from address: 0000-1FFF (1-2000) to: 2000-3FFF (2001-4000), 4000-5FFF (4001-6000), and 6000-7FFF (6001-8000) to occupy the whole 32KB and saved it as a 32K file as follows: ide-at_32K.bin just for that sized EEPROM. Also, upon further investigation, I noticed the xtideuniversalbios.org site is down (might be decommissioned or just not working any longer due to the server issues or something thereof) and I was trying to find the appropriate 32K bin file, but was unable to do so.

When you use an Ethernet card or equivalent to use as the XT-IDE Universal BIOS for your computer, choose the appropriate ROM size and address, otherwise, it won't work. And as for the ROM being bigger than 8K, like 16K or 32K, I recommend copying the Hex code from 0000-1FFF to 2000-3FFF for the 16K ROM, and from 0000-1FFF to 6000-7FFF for the 32K ROM since the Ethernet cards look at the bottom up for the boot ROM coding in order for it to work properly.

I recommend the correct latency speed (150ns for the 3Com EtherLink III 3C509 card) for the appropriate network card (I believe a PCI Ethernet card can be used as well).