Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modern Saturn 128 redesign.

I've given the two prototypes a 24hour burn in test running the locksmith 6.0 ram card extensive diagnostics. I use locksmith because it fully recognises and utilises the saturn cards.
    The cards performed flawlessly, so I couldn't be happier with them. I felt bad for the 2e i tested them in, it hasn't worked that hard for decades.

I've ordered the boards and will have them in hand by this time next week. At this stage I have decided not to release the design as open hardware for the time being.
    Although there was a fair bit of interest initially that hasn't translated into firm orders so to recoup some of the costs in producing the card I will need to be able to sell some fully assembled cards on ebay.
    Once I've recovered my costs then I will reconsider releasing the full design as open hardware if there is still interest in the card.
    I will be making both the JED file for the GAL and the schematic available for download to those that purchase boards however the KiCAD project, gerbers and CUPL files wont be available until it is made open hardware.

edit:
    Here is the part list.

3 x 74LS74
    1 x 128k x 8 5v static RAM KM681000BLP-5 or AS6C1008-55PCN (Any 32pin dip that is 5v tolerant should work)
    1 x GAL22v10 or GAL20v8 or V750C
    4 x 3mm LED
    4 x 470R 1/6W resistor
    1 x 47uF 16v electrolytic capacitor
    5 x 0.1uF Monolythic ceramic capacitor
    1 x 1n4148 signal diode
    Last edited by David_M; August 3rd, 2018 at 05:17 AM.

The gold plated production boards arrived today and they work flawlessly.
    I swapped some of the GAL pins around to improve the trace layout but and altered the silk screen a little but they are essentially the same as the prototypes.

I have tested them in a 2e, a 48k clone, a 64k clone, a z80+64k clone and a Vectorio (clone) with no issue.

If you want one PM me for my Paypal details, bare gold plated boards US$10 + $3.50 postage.

Seven of the cards have sold to people on Applefritter and I probably wont get another run done, so if you want one don't delay.

I have a few boards left for US$10 plus $3.50 postage.

For those wanting a fully assembled board, I should be able to get them past the 5mm thickness postage limitation for the cheaper postage if i don't use ic sockets.
    If that is the case then it will be US$30 for a fully assembled board including postage.