Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you guys ever get lost browsing ebay?

Blog Entries

Lost browsing eBay? Yes, twenty years ago. I would look at every single listing of mechanical clocks. When I found one listed too low, I pounced.

The OP could be describing myself, except Facebook gives me the creeps.

I used to love browsing eBay listings in the areas of interest to me. The last couple of interface changes are truly annoying. Trying to give feedback for multiple transactions simultaneously is now completely broken--and if you have too many items awaiting feedback, the mutant nasty menu they use now only shows you a group of items chosen at random from the total needing feedback. Of course, the move to forcing a "send" action to complete each feedback is bad too.

The changes to completed listing viewing is even worse. Half of the time, it is nearly impossible to get back to an auction you were bidding on or watching. Sometimes a few screens later, you can actually see the auction you're looking for, sometimes not.

I am rapidly reaching the point where eBay has no value added for me--but the alternatives are even less appetizing, unfortunately.
    Enter My Mind At Your Own Risk!

I used to. Not so much anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    I used to love browsing eBay listings in the areas of interest to me. The last couple of interface changes are truly annoying. Trying to give feedback for multiple transactions simultaneously is now completely broken--and if you have too many items awaiting feedback, the mutant nasty menu they use now only shows you a group of items chosen at random from the total needing feedback. Of course, the move to forcing a "send" action to complete each feedback is bad too.

The changes to completed listing viewing is even worse. Half of the time, it is nearly impossible to get back to an auction you were bidding on or watching. Sometimes a few screens later, you can actually see the auction you're looking for, sometimes not.

I am rapidly reaching the point where eBay has no value added for me--but the alternatives are even less appetizing, unfortunately.
    Ditto, hate the ended auctions that you cant see the winning bid.
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

Blog Entries

I think eBay's search went to hell when they eliminated wildcard searches. To find what you need today, you almost have to read the mind of the seller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I think eBay's search went to hell when they eliminated wildcard searches. To find what you need today, you almost have to read the mind of the seller.
    Yea, I used to use wildcards as well. No idea why they do the things they do except to make you look at items you didn't want (kind of like stores putting all the candy bars in the checkout line to get you to buy one while waiting).
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems