Image Map Image Map
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Got my first PET today! Well two. Sadly both don't work.

Big thank yous to Adrian, Dave1, Dave2, and the other gurus here for this incredibly useful thread.
    I am re-entering this 6502 world after a 30-year hiatus, and need to fix up my PETs. I don't have anywhere near the mad skills that you guys do, and I don't have a scope or an EPROM burner either, but I was able to keep up with about 80% of what you guys were doing, even if I am not able to do it myself. Can I buy a PETTEST PROM somewhere, or should I go ahead and get a burner?

Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Shore View Post
    Can I buy a PETTEST PROM somewhere, or should I go ahead and get a burner?
    I have one that I made when testing a friend's 4016 PET. I'll send it to you. Use private message to send me a mailing address. It will go into the Editor ROM socket (D8 on the 2001N-32 PETs). Check the type of PET you have.
    -Dave

More PETs...

The more the merrier...

Welcome to VCFED.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Shore View Post
    Big thank yous to Adrian, Dave1, Dave2, and the other gurus here for this incredibly useful thread.
    I am re-entering this 6502 world after a 30-year hiatus, and need to fix up my PETs. I don't have anywhere near the mad skills that you guys do, and I don't have a scope or an EPROM burner either, but I was able to keep up with about 80% of what you guys were doing, even if I am not able to do it myself. Can I buy a PETTEST PROM somewhere, or should I go ahead and get a burner?
    Hopefully it helps! It was so much fun to get my two machines working -- and both Daves and everyone helped immeasurably. I wonder if we should make a sticky with a post summarizing the test options available at this time? This thread is really long so would be hard to follow even if I re-read it again.
    -- Adrian

Wow! Beautiful machine! Congrats!