Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble installing Windows 95 on Dell XPS P100c

I...don't have either of those, just a single Multimedia category that was only 1.2MB in size. I actually went and ran a "Typical" setup again just to make sure I didn't accidentally not install anything important and I still have no system sounds except the Windows 95 sound.

I've just decided to start over with a different version of Windows 95 and see what happens...

It doesn't let you select "Multimedia" and click "Details"?

If you uncheck Multimedia and re-check it, that will automatically re-select all sub components. (The the check box should turn from gray to white to indicate that.) On my thingamajig that shows 8.8 MB with all sub components selected.

Hmm, that fixed it. I have no idea why it didn't install the full 8.8MB by default but I'm glad to have system sounds instead of just PC speaker beeps.

I had a ton of weird issues last time I tried to install 95, though I succeeded in the end. I remember needing to use FAT32 as well, which I found bizarre as I thought it should have been able to use the tools in DOS, not 98 which I used.

#1 issue I had was it freezing at a black screen right after the first reboot during the install.