Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DTK PEM-3301 386-33 motherboard issues

Thanks. I wouldn't expect different processors (286 to 486) to work at all. I really just want to know if this board is salvageable or not.

If you can get the ROM images from Moogle! it should be possible to get the board working again. Did you manual help at all with the cache question? Was there a setting for 0kb in there? I recommend you get the cache chips if you can get the the board to boot.

*edit* I looked in the manual. There are only cache size settings for 64kb and 256kb, but it's possible that if you boot up without cache it will just throw up an error and allow you to continue with cache disabled.

I would double check the datasheets, but these should work: (for 64k)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-15-MCM6...gAAOSw93ZazS26
    Last edited by Anonymous Coward; July 11th, 2018 at 06:44 PM.
    "Will the Highways on the internets become more few?"

V'Ger XT

ARGH!!!! This was ten times more frustrating than I feel it really should have been, and I'm not really even sure I've done this right. Since the big board seemed to be dead, I booted with a PCI 486 board, using an ISA video card for video and a PCI videocard for the rom socket. I used UniFlash in this set up, and captured (using the -PCIROM option) the images with that. I opened (copies of) these files in Wordpad on Windows 98 and they are indeed different, but 64K per image seems awfully high for a 386 board, especially since I don't remember there being much in the BIOS to do.

Discreet Logic DTK 386 BIOS.zip

Me right now.

I might take another crack at this later.