Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: Apple ii europlus

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David_M View Post
    The MOS 6502A should work fine.
    Given that the CPU was fried, suspect the data bus buffers. The address bus buffers should be fine because they only have inputs connected to the CPU.

    Three chirps with a standard ROM or the test ROM I posted?
    With the standard rom (not yet got a programmer), but it only did it once.

    Don't want to go further with the BBC chip as that's returned to its machine, so step one is bew CPU before more investigation.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    With the standard rom (not yet got a programmer), but it only did it once.

    Don't want to go further with the BBC chip as that's returned to its machine, so step one is bew CPU before more investigation.
    Because the Apple 2 is fully socketed, you will find one of these $20 well spent.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/IC-LED-Test...sid=m570.l1313

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David_M View Post
    Because the Apple 2 is fully socketed, you will find one of these $20 well spent.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/IC-LED-Test...sid=m570.l1313
    Cool. Makes the schlumberge 635 I used at work look a bit over the top.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Cool. Makes the schlumberge 635 I used at work look a bit over the top.
    I can be a bit disorganised and always find heaps of chips when I clean up my workbench, I currently have about half a Kg of TTL and memory chips of unknown status. Periodically I sort them and use the tester on them before putting them back in the parts drawers.
    Mine is due to be replaced soon, the test button has gotten a bit flakey due to over use.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •