Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A 16 has been added to the collection

What I like about the Floppiclene is you get 20 disposable cleaning disk inserts and can buy refill packs of 50:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FloppiClene...L/350387357590

At $9.50 for a pack of 50 you won't feel bad about tossing the insert after cleaning.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input.

Thanks, Hans01 of the Netherlands for the jumper info. Jumper 3 installed on the Hans-02 and jumper 1 is removed from Lo-Tech. Progress is (sort of) being made.

The PQI Industrial 128MB DOM fails here:

and here:

However, substituting a completely inappropriate Kingston Industrial 8GB DOM, it fails here:

with the Lo-Tech Act. light lit.

And substituting a 512kB CD card and using LSDOS620.IMD and the TRSHD2/DT and TRSFORM2/CMD it gets this far into "verifying" and bad format before it quits:

The Hans-02 is talking to the Lo-Tech and the Lo-Tech is talking to the media.

Seems to me that the PQI 128MB DOM is bad??? If I install it as hard drive 2 behind an IDE HD, is there anything I can to fix it?

Mike

Ugh. What a shame. I just had this happen with a Tandy 1000 TX and monitor. Both got totally wrecked since the seller basically threw everything in one box with like two squares of bubble wrap. Needless to say the TX got here DOA, and one ISA slot was actually broken off. The monitor casing was also cracked in several places.

My attitude is to not even discuss it with these sellers. I just innitiate a return with pictures of the damage. If they want to make me an offer, fine. Otherwise they can give me a refund and pay the return shipping. When this kind of stuff happens, Ebay always rules in the buyers favor.

@MikeModifed

First remove old info:
    SYSGEN NO
    AUTO
    SYSGEN

Reboot

System (drive=4,disable,driver="DOM6/DRV")
    Select 1
    heads 8
    tracks 203
    heads / partition 2
    start 1

Repeat for drive 5, 6, 7

Format 4, 5, 6, 7

If there is still an error on the DOM, than the DOM is bad.
    IAN has the PQI 128 Mb. DOMs on stock.

Success.

Blog Entries

SYSGEN NO

"Specified drive is write protected"

SYSTEM(DRIVE=0,WP=NO)

SYSGEN NO

"Specified drive is write protected"

Card is NOT physically write protected.

You have to put or remove the write protect tab on your boot floppy.

Blog Entries

Hans:

I'm booting off of the DOM_BOOT_hfe.IMD (that you sent me Saturday night) on my HxC.

The SD card is NOT physically write protected.

Mike

Mike:

Try to remove the drivers from the boot disk:

System (drive=4,disable)
    System (drive=5,disable)
    System (drive=6,disable)
    System (drive=7,disable)

Now setup the drivers
    system(drive=4,enable,driver="DOM6/DRV")
    etc.

Blog Entries

That's what I was doing in the second picture above. It locks up after entering the starting head. If I leave your sysgen'd drives, it locks up after entering "password" (1st pic above).

Mike

10. Default

As a former UPSer, sometimes its worth it to pay the extra $$$ for overnight/air. Each time a package is unloaded it is literally tossed onto a belt, the sort aisle picks it up, spins it to get the zip code and then its thrown onto another belt. Then after it bops around and rolls on that belt it is picked up again and stacked (still rough and fast but the gentlest part of the cycle) into a truck. A large box is often placed on the bottom to keep the wall steady so a large box is more likely to be crushed than smaller ones. Once this trailer arrives at the next destination the process starts all over. Air packages are usually handled by more experienced folk, the containers they are stored in are a LOT smaller (less chance of crushing!) and best of all they usually only go through this process 1/3 to 1/4 of the times a ground shipment will.

Its tough coming home and seeing the box on your door step and seeing a huge gouge of cardboard taken out.
    Collection: 2 X TRS-80 Model-I's, a III, a IV and a 4P. Two Apple ]['s, Two TI-99/4A's, and a handful of CoCo's

http://www.astrobin.com/users/mlaferriere/