Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for Mitsubishi Amity Tablet Information and Drivers

Default Looking for Mitsubishi Amity Tablet Information and Drivers

All,

I've obtained a Mitsubishi Amity VP tablet, that apparently used to belong to the Obsolete Geek (link to YouTube channel). I got this little machine up and running MS-DOS 6.22 by installing a 44-pin IDE-to-SD adapter, and an 8GB SD card. To access all the space that the BIOS can't address (this BIOS is very weird, and while it doesn't suffer from the 504 MB limitation, it does limit the number of cylinders that you can specify), I'm using Western Digital's EZ-Drive 9.03W.

That got me a running system, with a single 2 GB FAT-16 partition, on the 8GB card. To load data onto the system, I found that a PCMCIA-to-SD adapter, with a 4 GB SD card, and APSoft's point enabler for ATA cards, got me to the point that I could transfer data.

Now, I'm starting to look for the original Windows 95 drivers for the Amity VP. Does anyone have these? I've also picked up a cheap Amity XP, so I'll be looking for drivers for that, as well. I did find that there is a site on Archive.org (thanks Jason!) that has some PGP-encrypted copies of the Amity VP driver disks. Normally, I'd just download those, and let John-the-Ripper chew on them, but I can't seem to get it to recognize the PGP self-decrypting archive format.

Anyone else interested in these weird old machines?
    - Alex

Which drivers are you trying to find? Video, stylus, or something else?

The pen driver is the thing that I think will be hardest to find. The video, chipset, etc. are fairly standard.

I’d also love to find the expansion cable, so that I could plug serial or parallel devices into it, but that seems unlikely.

Thanks!
    - Alex

I’ve managed to find a memory module that works, the Samsung KMM332V410BS-L6U, which is a 16MB 60ns 8-chip EDO 72pin SODIMM. I’ve put in an order for a 32MB module, with similar specs, and will report success or failure.

I dunno if anyone else is interested, but I’ll keep talking to myself, to document what I have found.

I got a PS/2 splitter cable, which allowed both a PS/2 keyboard and mouse to work. I wasn’t sure if the Amity’s built-in port was going to allow this, or not, so I’m happy that it does.

I also so picked up an Amity XP, in unknown condition, and will test it upon arrival.