Image Map Image Map

Thread: Power Pete (Mighty Mike) Any similar games like it?

Default Power Pete (Mighty Mike) Any similar games like it?

I played something like this in my Kindergarten class back in 1998, but I don't know if it was this game exactly... This looks very familiar. It was some kind of game with a buff man firing a machine gun, I think maybe he wore camo gear. I recall looking back at old pics from when I was in class and I saw we had Macs, but I'd have to double check. This game seems to be Mac exclusive, but it would be really cool if I could get it to run on a PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWulyr6S1I&t=493s
    Last edited by computerdude92; July 7th, 2018 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Game was Mac exclusive. Are you looking to run a Mac game on your modern PC, or are you looking for games that were "like" it? If the former, look into emulators. If the latter, the only thing I can think of is Blasto: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasto_(video_game)
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

It wasn't Blasto, but that game looks cool though. My game was in the same graphic style and 3rd person look, if it isn't Power Pete. Running the game on a PC would be ideal with the right emulator and it would be nice if the emulator also supported older Windows. This game only works with Pre-Power PC chips in Macs, so the emulator would also have to emulate a Motorola 68000. I'm hoping to receive the Mac LC 580 from the guy on Craigslist soon, and i'll be playing it on the Mac if anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by computerdude92 View Post
    This game only works with Pre-Power PC chips in Macs, so the emulator would also have to emulate a Motorola 68000.
    Huh? MacOS included transparent 68k compatibility emulation from the very first PPC Macs. I have fond memories of playing this game on my uncle's Bondi iMac back in the day.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
    Huh? MacOS included transparent 68k compatibility emulation from the very first PPC Macs. I have fond memories of playing this game on my uncle's Bondi iMac back in the day.
    I'm just going off what I read briefly.