Image Map Image Map

Thread: Huge Pickup from Former Developer (Hardware)

1. Default Huge Pickup from Former Developer (Hardware)

Dan Henry
    New Member 8 mins
    Hey guys,

I just got an Apple IIe computer from someone that use to write software for them back in the 80s (didn't work for them directly but was presumably contracted by them), but I'm not really up to snuff on computers as it is let alone this Apple II. I took some pictures and was hoping you guys could shed some insight in regards to what everything is/what it does/what value it adds to the computer overall?

I also got two separate disk drives, a ProFile (which if I understand correctly is extra memory), and a double disk drive w/ a monitor.

Again, trying to find out what the relative value of the items are in if I were to sell if I would be better piecing it out or keeping it as one big package?

I also have A LOT of software and manuals I got from him that I'm going to make a separate thread for.

ThanksDSC07453.jpgDSC07454.jpgDSC07455.jpgDSC07456.jpgDSC07457.jpgDSC07458.jpgDSC07459.jpgDSC07460.jpg

A peak at the contents of the ProFile would be interesting. If the previous owner was a developer, there could be some source code, documentation and such which could have great value. Only way to find out is to get this computer up and running.

The ProFile itself with the interface card is more valuable as a collectible than useful. Assuming it is 5MB, it is worth about $100 to $150. Again, if we know the contents of the ProFile, the value would go much higher. The computer alone - about $50 to $100. The cards are worth up to $25 each. Disk II drives are about $25 each, if they've been tested to work.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by groink View Post
    A peak at the contents of the ProFile would be interesting. If the previous owner was a developer, there could be some source code, documentation and such which could have great value. Only way to find out is to get this computer up and running.

The ProFile itself with the interface card is more valuable as a collectible than useful. Assuming it is 5MB, it is worth about $100 to $150. Again, if we know the contents of the ProFile, the value would go much higher. The computer alone - about $50 to $100. The cards are worth up to $25 each. Disk II drives are about $25 each, if they've been tested to work.
    I can def. get the computer up and running within a day or so, but would probably need some assistance in finding any relevant data stored on it.

As for the computer is it better to take all the different cards out and sell them separately with the appropriate documentation? I can post the documentation on a separate thread as there is close to 50 manuals mixed with some adverts