Image Map Image Map

Thread: Tandy Bubble Repair and Seek Complete

Default Tandy Bubble Repair and Seek Complete

In the Tandy Hard Drive Bubble Repair document to which we commonly refer to rewire TRS-80 HD units, Table 1, for the 8x300 controller, specifies J6 Pin 6 for Seek Complete. But, Seek Complete is Pin 8 in ST-506/412. I made this fix to a 12MB unit a few years ago and I thought it worked as expected. I guess it only affects flickering the green light off when seeking. I'll have to find that 12MB drive and test it again to see how the lamp reacts during use.

Anyone else make this fix and notice this discrepancy?

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    In the Tandy Hard Drive Bubble Repair document to which we commonly refer to rewire TRS-80 HD units, Table 1, for the 8x300 controller, specifies J6 Pin 6 for Seek Complete. But, Seek Complete is Pin 8 in ST-506/412. I made this fix to a 12MB unit a few years ago and I thought it worked as expected. I guess it only affects flickering the green light off when seeking. I'll have to find that 12MB drive and test it again to see how the lamp reacts during use.

Anyone else make this fix and notice this discrepancy?
    Never noticed that, I have uh...three of them I'll check it out. The 8X300 works like it should following his sheet though, the WD controller is reversed on the primary drive due to the light driver being different. Mine actually comes up while the drive is doing POST then turns off when its really ready. Bugs me that its backwards, I never go around to inverting that signal.