Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone need ZIP memory

Blog Entries

If I weren't strapped for cash, I'd buy any and all Zip chips you might have. I've got empty sockets for about 30 of them which unfortunately means having 100 on hand to get 30 inserted and working.

Those chips are awesome when they're soldered in. But an utter nightmare for sockets.

Hopefully not everyone in need of them is as uncommitted to purchase as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    If I weren't strapped for cash, I'd buy any and all Zip chips you might have. I've got empty sockets for about 30 of them which unfortunately means having 100 on hand to get 30 inserted and working.

Those chips are awesome when they're soldered in. But an utter nightmare for sockets.

Hopefully not everyone in need of them is as uncommitted to purchase as I am.
    Boy, ain't that the truth. They are terrible for sockets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
    Didnít think of acorn folks, these would be about the right size for that
    1mb ones are good for Acorns.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."