Image Map Image Map

Thread: Mac Plus and SE

Default Mac Plus and SE

Plus has no mouse. Both fair shape, yellowed but working. Fob 08758.

Have a price in mind for the SE?

25$ for the cpu. A bit extra for k/b and mouse. Hard drive doesn't boot and is noisy. Both units have some screen burn, but plenty of brightness left, and see photo shown with brightness turned down.

I can break these up for parts also.IMG_20180710_213227.jpgIMG_20180710_213220.jpgIMG_20180710_213212.jpgIMG_20180710_213124.jpg

Eek, no thanks. That SE looks like it has severe hardware problems. I dread it having a leaked battery on the motherboard.

I don't believe there are hardware problems, there weren't any, used to actually boot. I have to get a case tool so I can try out a spare SE mobo anyway. I wasmof the impression the garbled display was on account of a corrupted boot process. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Edit: now that I take a closer look, it does look kind of frigged up! LOL

Garbled display is either because there is a problem with the analog board, or a problem with the motherboard. It could be as simple as needing a recap, or a lost cause if the battery has leaked and destroyed the motherboard.

In either case, it's going to take a lot of time and money to get that unit functional again.

The display is garbled partially w/the remants of the mac icon. My uneducated guess would be a bunch of garbage was written to memory, perhaps unlikely, or a genuine memory problem. Probably any number of things are suspect. I'm not totally clear on what the analog board entails. I haven't opened a compact mac in well over 20 years. And I believe only once, a Fat Mac, my first. I really hate to love these things. Just got too much stuff and a lot has to go. In the end I'll likely keep my flakes IIX though. Also have a cx, maybe keep that for parts. Then the Lisa ...

Incidentally I may not have the Plus kb. I could swear I did, but haven't seen it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    The display is garbled partially w/the remants of the mac icon. My uneducated guess would be a bunch of garbage was written to memory, perhaps unlikely, or a genuine memory problem.
    I can barely read the error code on the screen, but it looks like

Which means one of the memory tests failed at the listed address. The trash on the screen could be from bad RAM, or it could be from another problem.