Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Pentium 4 motherboard with univeral AGP or AGP2x slot

Default Wanted: Pentium 4 motherboard with univeral AGP or AGP2x slot

I'm looking for a Pentium 4 motherboard which has either an AGP 2x slot, or a universal AGP slot which will work with 2x cards. I'd prefer a socket 478 board since I have more of those CPUs available.

I have an ECS motherboard, bought new/open box years ago from Weird Stuff. Most people don't like ecs, and I have to locate the manual as I don't know what it's got.

I believe this is it, but still looking for the manual:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16813135219

Also, I've never plugged this thing in, would have to test it. I bought heatsink/fan again years ago, only to find out it's socket 775. Have 2 hs/fans for 775. Oi. If it seems what you're looking for, I'll test it somehow. I have miscellaneous heats inks that will suffice for a test I imagine.
    Last edited by 2icebitn; July 11th, 2018 at 03:10 AM.

That's not an AGP 2x board, it's 4x/8x.

Blog Entries

I've got a rather ancient IBM Netvista board, socket 478, uses SDRAM, so maybe a possibility. I'll have to see about specs.

FWIW, it has only the 1.5V slot, not the 3.3V one.

You may have to go back to P3 or P2 for a 3.3V compatibility.
    Last edited by Chuck(G); July 11th, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    You may have to go back to P3 or P2 for a 3.3V compatibility.
    If I needed a Pentium 2 or 3 board, I would have asked for those. I have a pile of them and that's not what I need.

I need a Pentium 4 board with an AGP 2x or universal AGP with 2x support because SSE2 is required. I know such boards exist, but I figure I would ask here because I'd rather not pay scalper prices for questionable boards.

Blog Entries

So exactly how does one tell the difference between 1x 2x and 4x by looking at the board? I think 2x has the "key" closer to the rear bracket, while 4x has the key closer to the front of the motherboard. But that's all I know. 2X AGP P4s must be pretty rare--i"m looking at a 1.8GHz board from 2001 that uses SDRam and it's AGP 4X as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Chuck(G); July 11th, 2018 at 05:01 PM.

I need the top slot, or the 3rd slot down.

Pentium 4 boards with either slot are harder to come by, but aren't rare. I came across one a few months ago for a reasonable price, but I had other things needing the attention of my wallet and couldn't get it.

Doing a fast 3DFX Glide build? I have an Asus P4S333M (SIS 645 chipset) with a known-3.3V compatible universal AGP. 2GHz CPU installed. IIRC it supports hyperthreading and CPUs up to 3.06GHz Northwood (533FSB) although you might want to verify that.

Shipping to you should be about $20-25, make me an offer on top of that? I was saving it for my own Voodoo3 project although I've got some Socket A boards that will do the same job.
    Last edited by xjas; July 11th, 2018 at 06:34 PM.

CameraZOOM-20180711192311057-sized.jpgCameraZOOM-20180711192350097-sized.jpg

Now I'm waffling a bit on whether I want to sell this thing, it's such a nice, compact board. Was hoarding it in case I ever need to build another P4. Probably better if it gets used rather than sitting in my closet though. :P

I can plug it in (with a heat sink!) and confirm it works if you're interested. Fired right up w/no drama last time I tried.

Blog Entries

Well, I"d like to help, but after I figured that P4s were overhyped, I went over to t the dark side (AMD).