Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usps

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Good argument but I not convinced, as I've dealt with this seller previously. The whole point of shipping Priority Mail is to get it on the road and to recipient ASAP.
    No, for some items or destinations Priority Mail is the only option.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No, for some items or destinations Priority Mail is the only option.
    May be in some cases but not here in this metro area. +1 for my guy & -1 for USPS is today's tally.

Blog Entries

This right from USPS' Priority Mail page:

Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    This right from USPS' Priority Mail page:

Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed.
    I'm down with that but there's still no good reason for this screw-up. And if that's the case, maybe a partial refund is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I'm down with that but there's still no good reason for this screw-up. And if that's the case, maybe a partial refund is in order.
    All my eBay listings said guaranteed delivery within next 6 months
    Guaranteed Doa will gladly exchange with a non functional item should you find yours functional.
    Still had 100% positive feedback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
    . . . guaranteed delivery within next 6 months
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
    All my eBay listings said guaranteed delivery within next 6 months
    Guaranteed Doa will gladly exchange with a non functional item should you find yours functional.
    Still had 100% positive feedback
    Haha! That is hilarious! It just needs something equally twisted to address when "guaranteed delivery" actually doesn't...

I needed a part shipped right away. I payed about $20 extra to have 3 day shipping. After 4 days, I wanted to know what happened. The seller was out of stock and hadn't notified me. If I'd known that I'd not have payed the additional cost of shipping. I'd wanted it for a particular weekend project.
    I'm with the others. The label is printed and that is when the tracking starts. Whether it is sitting in at the original shipper or in a bin of boxes at the USPS, it is when the label was printed. People have any number of reasons why they have been delayed at getting things shipped. I had one fellow claim it was a hospital trip.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

I've had that happen more times than I can count. It's usually some car part. I'll get an email two days after ordering that the item first shipped. This is one of the reasons I greatly prefer buying local. Then I don't have to worry about that surprise when the item arrives and it's significantly different than I expected (that happens a lot too.)

Amazon is the worst at this. I'll buy something that says two day shipping guaranteed. It won't show up for two weeks. When I look back at the order status after the item arrived, it says it was delivered on time. It happens all the time. This is one of several factors leading to my now renewing my Prime subscription when it comes round again.

Blog Entries

The package arrived Saturday afternoon. Emblazoned across the shipping tag was "PRIORITY MAIL 2-DAY". Shipper states it went out on the 9th. Maybe I should consider myself lucky for getting the thing at all.