Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hex2bin for vintage dos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    I looked at the code, the only issue I saw, with a quick pass through the code, was that it might not do the errcnt right when doing the address to move to. Once moved, it should be fine. if you don't type an error for the address the errcnt shouldn't be an issue.
    Dwight
    Cool! I was worried that the code would be hard to nail down, but I guess if it can run almost anywhere in RAM, then one should be able to fix it in place in an EPROM. You will have to ignore it's request for where to move the code to, or comment out the request and the mover so it won't make thet request nor attempt to move the code at all.

smp

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post

Going to be a bit of a chore to go through it and make it something that will run out of EPROM...

smp
    Luckily in my case I won't have to do it, because I will just be using the A68 cross assembler to make simple programs for an Eprom. I had just been using the MTEST4 as a test .asm file, to check if the assembler would actually work on my IBM 5155 and it looks like all will be ok. I'm still getting to grips with the differences between Intel and Motorola assembly language.

Blog Entries

Avocet XASM68 is something of a hybrid in that respect.