Image Map Image Map
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Which 8-bit platform(s) are good for learning the BASIC programming language on?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CP/M User View Post
    That's like saying every BASIC Interpreter cannot support Sprites - it's too slow. But if a computer supports Hardware Sprites through BASIC, then that's a whole other matter.
    Everything that can be accomplished in C can be accomplished in Pascal, bar none. Everything that can be accomplished in Pascal can be accomplished in C, bar none. There are just different ways of doing things. It's ridiculously easy to convert code from one to the other, that's how similar in execution they are.

The most egregious argument I've heard that C is superior to Pascal is that "C generates better machine code." If anything, it can be demonstrated that the opposite is true. Processors designed to run Pascal code actually exist, processors designed to run C code do not.

Quote Originally Posted by CP/M User View Post
    I've heard of the language and there's something called E-Prolog which runs under CP/M, though I can't remember what it's used for (it's applications), and despite my Username, I've moved away from CP/M programming languages (unless it supports code out of CP/M environment).
    I hadn't heard of e-Prolog, but Prolog is essentially just a natural language programming language used for AI type applications. Not sure it's used in much anymore, except as part of IBM's Watson.
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I hadn't heard of e-Prolog, but Prolog is essentially just a natural language programming language used for AI type applications. Not sure it's used in much anymore, except as part of IBM's Watson.
    Yeah I'm unsure how far that programme goes in terms of Compatibility between CP/M systems. It's also Public Domain, so it may only be a small implementation of Prolog. In terms of AI type applications, would that include an Eliza based programme?