Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VCFed.org was down this morning. Anyone having/had issues accessing this site?

Default VCFed.org was down this morning. Anyone having/had issues accessing this site?

I got a private message e-mail sent to me this morning at about 2AM EST GMT -0500 on Jul. 16th, but, when I was about to check my messages, the site was saying waiting to load. Was there any maintenance on the servers recently?

The site is now working fine.

It wasn't "down" down, but I noticed it started to take forever for pages to load around 10:00am, and lasted for a few hours. Smelled like a usual hosting snafu, probably running something in the background. I've literally seen a PCJr run a more responsive web site :P

We were slow. Then we were down. A ticket was filed and here we are again.

And looking for a new host is on the todo list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    And looking for a new host is on the todo list.
    Would the new host be on our shore?

I don't know where our current host is, and as far as where it is located I don't really care as long as we don't experience the outages that we have been having for the past few months.

Most of our users are in the US so from a networking perspective, a US based server probably makes the site the fastest for the most people.

This and eBay weren't connecting from around 7:30pm until moments ago. Gmail and other sites seemed fine. I shut this tablet off (I've been leaving it on around the clock), then back on and the issue was resolved. I do not know if my issue was related.

+ Reply to Thread