Image Map Image Map

Thread: Using powermac 7100 to write IIGS floppies?

Default Using powermac 7100 to write IIGS floppies?

I can't seem to figure this out. I've got several .2MG apple IIGS disk images that I want to write to 800k prodos floppies.

I've tried diskdup+ but it doesn't recognize .2MG or other formats I've tried converting to using ciderpress on my PC like .DSK or .PO.

I've got pretty much zero software on the IIGS and no system disks so I would prefer to get this solution working before I break down and make an ADTPro cable.

Thanks in advance! I feel like I'm so close to figuring it out.

2. Default

2MG is a new disk format invented for emulators. You need images in Disk Copy format, whose extension is typically .img or .image
    In this StuffIt file, Apple II System Software is a folder with System software disks.

Blog Entries

That being said, after you are properly writing out images Apple had a very handy filesystem extension included with the PDS IIe installation diskette that allowed mounting and drag and drop file support of ProDOS volumes under MacOS.
    = Excellent space heater

ciderpress won't export to .img or .image.

If I opened the .2MG file and extracted the contents and copied them over en masse to the mac, can i just drag them to an 800k prodos formatted floppy?

Blog Entries

It wouldn't be bootable most likely. You need the proper imaging utilities.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

I had good luck making disks for my IIgs using a IIfx (a 7.1 system with auto inject super drives would be best for making 800K disks). After I got a HD and GS/OS installed on the IIgs I just networked the system to a IIfx and dumped the disk ianges directly onto the IIgs and then made disks directly from those.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems