Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEC parts looking for new home

Default DEC parts looking for new home

Hi, I'm new here. I dropped by to see if anyone is interested in some DEC parts (mostly for LSI-11/23 systems, I believe) which I found while clearing out my storage container. It seems that my retirement years will be spent dealing with vintage tape recorders (the big studio ones, not consumer stuff), so I doubt I'll ever have time to get any of this DEC stuff running again. Happy to give it to someone who might actually use it.

Photos here:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ipsnz3jxXPZT9kfm8

There's a DEC chassis which I believe contains a complete 11/23 system (although I no longer possess enough DEC manuals to be sure it's really complete, and I can no longer recite DEC part numbers from memory). There's also a larger chassis made by Netcom with a bunch of boards, a few loose boards, and an RX02 floppy disk. The last time any of this was powered up was at least 30 years ago.

I frequently travel between Cambridge, MD and northern New Jersey. I can deliver to a location which is not too far from that route.

regards,
    John Chester

John,

Where in particular is the gear now (High Bridge, north of Flemington?) I'm just north of NYC, but make frequent trips to points in NJ and south (my folks live in Cape May). I have plenty of gear myself now, but if push came to shove I can save it from the scrapper until a new home is found.

It looks like you have two 11/23 systems and an RX02. The small 2x4 backplane is the one item that is the most amusing to me.

Lou (who still listens to his Ampex 850 consumer reel-to-reel tape recorder)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou - N2MIY View Post
    John,

Where in particular is the gear now (High Bridge, north of Flemington?) I'm just north of NYC, but make frequent trips to points in NJ and south (my folks live in Cape May). I have plenty of gear myself now, but if push came to shove I can save it from the scrapper until a new home is found.

It looks like you have two 11/23 systems and an RX02. The small 2x4 backplane is the one item that is the most amusing to me.

Lou (who still listens to his Ampex 850 consumer reel-to-reel tape recorder)
    Hi Lou --

The equipment and I are currently in MD. I'll be heading north to NJ on Saturday, and can bring some or all of it north with me -- but I have limited storage space in High Bridge, so it would be nice if anything I bring could continue its onward journey before the end of the month.

I have adequate storage space in Cambridge for a few more months, so it can also sit here for a while until we arrange a rendezvous. I'll be back here once or twice before the end of August.

I am an Ampex guy, but I'm mostly dealing with ATR series machines, 440's, and MM1200's.

regards,
    John Chester

John,

I also am somewhat close - Gaithersburg MD and Bethany Beach DE. I am particularly interested in the 4 slot bus backplane.

I’m on travel in Canada, but could possibly come through NJ on the return to MD. I can’t take any large stuff (we’re in a sedan). Plus my wife would not approve if I take anything large

Crawford

I didn’t read Lou’s post closely. He has first dibs on the 4-slot

Blog Entries

I know someone who was hoping to one day get an RX02 for his 11/03 but I at least am not immediately recognizing the controller and you are on the far side of the country.
    = Excellent space heater

Let me know what’s left, I am in Salisbury Maryland and can always do some trading. Have a bunch of ADC patch fields, and patch cables, compressors and limiters and equipment racks. Unfortunately I disposed of all the old half track stuff years ago but still may have a couple parts around for 440 systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbus View Post
    Let me know what’s left, I am in Salisbury Maryland and can always do some trading. Have a bunch of ADC patch fields, and patch cables, compressors and limiters and equipment racks. Unfortunately I disposed of all the old half track stuff years ago but still may have a couple parts around for 440 systems.
    OK, here's the current status. After some negotiation, Crawford gets the 4 slot backplane. It seems that Lou was only offering to take all of this stuff because he can't stand to see it go into a dumpster, and he'll be happy to see it go to someone else. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Lou.) So, the 2 frames, the misc. cards and the RX02 are still available.

I'm heading north to NJ in the morning, leaving the equipment in Cambridge. Stake your claim, and we can arrange to meet when I'm back in Cambridge in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by electronwrangler View Post
    OK, here's the current status. After some negotiation, Crawford gets the 4 slot backplane. It seems that Lou was only offering to take all of this stuff because he can't stand to see it go into a dumpster, and he'll be happy to see it go to someone else. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Lou.) So, the 2 frames, the misc. cards and the RX02 are still available.

I'm heading north to NJ in the morning, leaving the equipment in Cambridge. Stake your claim, and we can arrange to meet when I'm back in Cambridge in a few weeks.
    John, you are indeed correct.

Lou

Just let me know when you get back to Cambridge and we can get together then, Being that i have storage space will take what ever. Always like to have spare Qbus stuff on hand. Think i stumbled across a couple Ampex line input transformers for the 440 also. need any bulk erasers?