Image Map Image Map

Thread: while searching for beyond the edge website design tools came across the 3 D package

Blog Entries

Talking while searching for beyond the edge website design tools came across the 3 D package

Hi all,
    while searching today 21st July 2018 for a 'Beyond the Edge' 3 D package website design tools 'mummy google' came up this HIT on the first page.

http://www.mindflux.com.au/products/virtus/3dweb.html

I looked at it and sigh. Great concept except they were not themselves using the 3d format on their home page.

So I thought I would scroll down. Imagine my surprise at the hardware requirement.

Windows '95 or Windows 3.1
    80486-based PC
    (Pentium or later recommended
    8 Mb RAM (16 Mb+ recommended)
    10 Mb disk space
    CD ROM
    or
    Macintosh, Power Macintosh
    Apple Macintosh PowerBook, Centris, Quadra or Power Macintosh
    8 Mb RAM (16 Mb+ recommended)
    System 6.0.5 or later
    10 Mb disk space
    CD ROM

Quote"
    Competitive Position
    With the advent of the Internet and VRML, Virtus released the world's first shipping VRML modelling software for desktop computers, Virtus WalkThrough Pro, version 2.5.1.

Now, with an even easier drag-and-drop interface, 3-D Website Builder is the first cross-platform product specifically designed to build entire 3-D VRML Worlds and environments on the Internet.

Unlike other soon-to-be-released VRML programs that can only create boxy, simplistic walls or merely make 3-D objects that you can manipulate, 3-D Website Builder allows you to create entire on-line "worlds" using patented technology that only Virtus can provide. When it's time to add true real-life walk-through dimension to your site, 3-D Website Builder is the only real solution --everything else is virtually flat."

I do wonder what ever happened to this software's continuance, based on the pages Dated copyright 2006 ?

Blog Entries

It may be copyright 2006 but it was designed in 1999 or earlier.