Image Map Image Map

Thread: Help with Assigning Value to 5150 Computer

Default Help with Assigning Value to 5150 Computer

Hi Guys,

I know this is a pretty tough question to answer; but, I thought I would at least ask for advice.

I have an IBM 5150 that I purchased new in 1983. The system has two 5.25 floppies, color graphics card and expanded memory.

I also have the original keyboard.

The hardware has been stored in the original boxes.

(I have a non-original monitor that was last used with the system.)

I can also sell the original DOS software and even some original software on 5.25 floppies (Lotus 1-2-3 and Multimate).

I worked with the computer a little over two years ago attempting to recover data from an older hard drive. (Here is a link to the original thread with some additional details. http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...opy-Data/page2

I'm located in Indianapolis.

Prices seem to be all over the map... I want to be reasonable; but, I also don't want to be foolish with too low a price.

Thanks for any opinions you'd care to offer. (I searched through the forum and also looked on eBay... not as much help as I thought there might be for this topic.)

Jeff

Good clear pics of the inside and out will help, Later model 5150's are not worth as much as the early models, Having the original boxes / software helps too, The non original monitor may not be of interest to some, Basically it all comes down to condition, Cosmetic and working and whats included.