Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Intecolor 2400

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Have you tried it with the handshaking pins jumpered (as I described)?
    I may have missed pin 8, looking at it. But it works fine with the PC terminal with 2 and 3 crossed, and 6 and 20 connected, and 4 and 5 connected.

Blog Entries

Could also be a matter of voltage levels. I assume that other terminals work in the same setup.

EIA minimum voltage specs are usually ignored, but the spec does say 3-15V (postive and negative) are valid; outside of this range is considered as noise).

While you're typing, have you verified that TxD coming out of the CompuColor is wiggling? Do you have a schematic for the unresponsive piece of gear?

Blog Entries

Okay so this is weird. I checked that everything was wired up as Chuck suggested, and it was, but still no difference. I could hit reset on the DK1 and get my * prompt, but that was it. Anyway when that happens you can't even go into the menu system on the terminal to adjust settings again, so I shut the terminal off, and powered back on. Perchance, I hit the M key and it let me type! No problem, no bad characters.. everything coming in perfectly. I hit reset.. * prompt again but no typing. Something in the reset sequence upsets the terminal for some reason. I don't quite get it. Least I have a workaround now. Now if I could only find something interesting to do with a DK1 that has less than 640 bytes to play with..

Blog Entries

Sounds like it sends the initial part of an escape sequence to the terminal. Or maybe something as simple as a ^S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Sounds like it sends the initial part of an escape sequence to the terminal. Or maybe something as simple as a ^S.
    It must be something to do with the prompt. I was slightly incorrect.. it's not just reset that freezes the terminal. If I'm, say, entering memory contents.. as soon as I hit the double space and get my * prompt back, that's it. No more typing allowed again.