Image Map Image Map

Thread: Toshiba libretto 50tc boot from pcmcia cd

Default Toshiba libretto 50tc boot from pcmcia cd

Hey guys, i've bought recently a libretto 50tc, today i got the toshiba pcmcia floppy drive, and i want to know how can i boot from a pcmcia cd, the one i got is the "port nw24xcd" that as the toshiba site says, are one of the few, appart from toshiba ones than can boot to windows cd, the matter is i got the windows 98 boot floppy disk modified to boot that cd drive, but when loading (the floppy) it asks for the cd drive to be connected, but since the libretto 50 got just one port it can't be possible, do you know if the drive will be recognized if i remove the floppy drive and connect the cd?

2. Default

Hello how does it go? I have also an old pentium and was trying to install a windows 98 but can't make it just wondering how does it works from you. Thanks

Hi, i couldn't yet, i've swapped the hdd (810mb) to a 40gb one, the matter is the bios only accept hdd up to 8gb, thats not a problem if i use ontrack to avoid that limit, i set 2 partitions, one for the system and the other one to copy the windows 98se files on it, everything's fine till the moment i need to copy the 98 files, using a usb adapter to connect the 44pin hdd (on another computer ofc) no partitions show up on the computer, if i make the partitions on the other computer, then the ontrack files to boot get lost and the same problems come back.