Image Map Image Map

Thread: How do I view balloon tip details in Windows XP?

Default How do I view balloon tip details in Windows XP?

I know, XP isn't exactly vintage, but it's been out of support for years. I can't find my answer in a websearch, I only see instructions on how to disable the pop-up.. How do you view the details or history of the Windows XP pop-up balloon tips on the desktop? You know, those pop-ups that say things like "your computer might be at risk" I saw one mention a hardware error when I plugged in a flash drive, The drive has no problems in use, but I want to see what exactly XP's error message is and why it said that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by computerdude92 View Post
    I know, XP isn't exactly vintage, but it's been out of support for years. I can't find my answer in a websearch, I only see instructions on how to disable the pop-up.. How do you view the details or history of the Windows XP pop-up balloon tips on the desktop? You know, those pop-ups that say things like "your computer might be at risk" I saw one mention a hardware error when I plugged in a flash drive, The drive has no problems in use, but I want to see what exactly XP's error message is and why it said that.
    Maybe this will help some: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/win...ht-be-at-risk/

Also check the event log.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.