Image Map Image Map

Thread: Strange modifications on my PET. Can you suggest what they are for?

Default Strange modifications on my PET. Can you suggest what they are for?

I received this pics from seller
    5b4514982e73e.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

As I can see. this is model 2001-N.
    But I also see two buttons at the bottom of the case, coders at the top and two DIN-5 connectors on the rear side.
    And if one button, is likely to be reset, and DIN-5 can be output from the hidden within Datasette, what else I can not even imagine.
    What are they needed for?
    This PET was presented to Soviet radio Amateurs by German radio Amateurs in early 90s. maybe this information will give you some idea.

P.S. The translation was partly done by me and partially by Google translator. If something is not clear - ask

Blog Entries

Could you provide some pictures of the interior of the PET focusing on those modifications? There were enough one off modifications of the PET that only the previous owner might be able to recognize quickly. Seeing where the wires go could help figure out what the modifications are intended to do.

They could be for anything...

Get some pictures of the insides as krebizfan says and we can take it from there.

If we are talking radio amateurs I am thinking RTTY... The two DIN connectors could interface with a radio setup?

By the way, your English is fine - better than our Russian! As this is your first post; welcome to VCFED...

Dave

I can make more detailed photos on 08/06/2018
    Now the computer is in the transport company. It should arrive on 08/05/2018

Thanks for answers!

Could be different memory and/or ROM configurations. If they added a graphics board maybe a disable switch. As the other posters have said, could be anything!