Image Map Image Map

Thread: PC JR / Tandy Mod Graphics Demo Software needed

Default PC JR / Tandy Mod Graphics Demo Software needed

I just upgraded my PCJR with the TandyMod for the Graphics enhancement.

I tried KQ3 but I still see the VenitianBlind symptom.

Is there a ‘demo’ or game that would be good to test the mod?

I have Jrconfig set to V32 so should be good to go, also have 512K mem..

thanks
    chuck
    Last edited by chuckphd53; August 2nd, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Try Bards Tale III: Thief of Fate, Battle Chess, or Grand Prix Circuit. Those should have no "blinds" if the mod was done properly. If you still get "blinds" running them, then you should double-check your modification work.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Thanks Jim...( chuck here from Mikes Forum )
    The boards I have are Alan's tandyMod boards....not sure if they are working but I am going to do a hardwire 7486chip mod to double check, if that works
    then I'll ship the boards back to Alan, maybe the Pal was just not programmed properly...
    I've tried Bards Tale and it still has the 'blinds' so I'm kinda guessing the Tandymod boards are the issue...
    Alan was kind enough to send me a few boards, so before I send them back I want to make sure they are maybe the issue..
    thanks again for the help.... I just needed to have a baseline to work from

chuck

Blog Entries

Appreciated, but next time that should probably be sent as a private message (PM).
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Private, ok....does VCF frown on these links.... new to this board
    Chuck

ps if you have a copy of Battle chess I would be interested.....one that would test the TandyMod that is...

Blog Entries

Posting messages that go off-topic is frowned upon. The subject is "Tandy Mod Graphics Demo needed", so posting a message to check out a joystick (which I appreciate) was going off-topic.

Also, the board frowns upon requests for pirated software. The typical answer in those cases is "a quick internet search will find what you need for download", which in 2018 is a true statement.
    Offering a bounty for: