Image Map Image Map

Thread: Model 2000 Memory Cards

Default Model 2000 Memory Cards

Any Model 2000 owners looking for Memory Boards/Cards PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by the wizard View Post
    Any Model 2000 owners looking for Memory Boards/Cards PM me.
    Which type of board is it..ie. one of the boards that piggybacked the mainboard or one of the 128k/256k boards that went in the expansion slots?

If it's one of the modded boards that hold more than Tandy sold them as, I'd be interested.

Jeff
    Collection online nonstop since May 1997: http://www.cchaven.com

I've made a 1MB SRAM card and validated it in a 2000. I had it in my 2000 during last years Tandy Assembly and this years VCF-SE 6. I don't have a project page for it yet as Rev.P1 needed three jumpers to route some more address lines to the decoder. But adding that to a P2 would be straight forward. I never pushed forward on it as it seemed adding an XT-IDE type interface would be an easy feature and wanted to do that before the next spin. But the 2000 slips pretty far down the priority list when IRL things pop-up. It's a bit of an odd bird.

The board has 4 dip switches that allows option fill of 0-256K, 256K-512K, 512K-768K, and 768K-896K regions. However the later doesn't appear to work as the disassembled BIOS reveals the memory test only counts up to 768K. But with only Tandy DOS 2.x, 768K should be enough for everyone.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    I've made a 1MB SRAM card and validated it in a 2000. I had it in my 2000 during last years Tandy Assembly and this years VCF-SE 6. I don't have a project page for it yet as Rev.P1 needed three jumpers to route some more address lines to the decoder. But adding that to a P2 would be straight forward. I never pushed forward on it as it seemed adding an XT-IDE type interface would be an easy feature and wanted to do that before the next spin. But the 2000 slips pretty far down the priority list when IRL things pop-up. It's a bit of an odd bird.

The board has 4 dip switches that allows option fill of 0-256K, 256K-512K, 512K-768K, and 768K-896K regions. However the later doesn't appear to work as the disassembled BIOS reveals the memory test only counts up to 768K. But with only Tandy DOS 2.x, 768K should be enough for everyone.
    Now that sounds really interesting. I'd think the RAM and XT-IDE interface would easily fit in one expansion tray.

I know there were a couple of places that were modding the Tandy boards to hold more RAM and supposedly there was a text file outlining the mod floating around at one point, but I've never been able to find a copy of it.

PM sent

Jeff
    Collection online nonstop since May 1997: http://www.cchaven.com

Quote Originally Posted by cchaven View Post
    Which type of board is it..ie. one of the boards that piggybacked the mainboard or one of the 128k/256k boards that went in the expansion slots?

If it's one of the modded boards that hold more than Tandy sold them as, I'd be interested.

Jeff
    They go into the rear expansion slots, the boards are like new(NOS)