Image Map Image Map

Thread: Where To Get AC Adapters That Will Work For A Variety Of Older Tandy/GRiD Laptops

Default Where To Get AC Adapters That Will Work For A Variety Of Older Tandy/GRiD Laptops

http://www.primelec.com/grid-g25-420...a-power-supply

I can say for certain this AC Adapter will work for the:

GRiD 1755

Tandy 3820HD

Tandy 3810HD

DECpc 320p

It should work with any other system that is a Tandy/GRiD/Panasonic derivative that needs 16V 1.25A with a center positive pin.

Thought I'd mention it here since finding some of these center positive pin power supplies can be difficult sometimes.

Conflict of Interest Statement: I have absolutely no business relationship with the aforementioned company other than as a customer. I derive no benefit from anyone here purchasing anything from this company through the above link, or any other way.

Blog Entries

I've got an old-style GRiD adapter here (AD 05484A) and its nameplate rating is 16V, 3A. Your substitute may be underpowered for some GRiDs. It's the heavy metal "brick" linear type. I use it to power a network switch.

Hence the reason I said "Variety" and not "All" and why I specifically said "It should work with any other system that is a Tandy/GRiD/Panasonic derivative that needs 16V 1.25A with a center positive pin." The GRiD 1755 is specifically 16V 1.25A with a center positive pin.
    Last edited by Paralel; August 2nd, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

Blog Entries

I said nothing that detracted from your statement--just added that not all 16VDC GRiDs can take the adapter you cited. We don't want anyone with, say, a GRiD Compass to get mad at you, do we?

As a matter of fact, I don't know what model my AC adapter went with. When I got my 8088 GridCase, it already had a switching supply. The one I've got is a linear supply that would seem to defeat the idea of a portable computer. It weighs 5 lbs. 2 oz.

My experience with GRiD systems predates the Tandy acquisition.