Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: That's the last straw, Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I have another OBD unit that came with the supercharger kit for my 2SS Camaro. It's what's needed when you're on the dyno and setup for the tune. You have to use it with the laptop as there is discrete software which has a fairly steep 'learning curve' (for me). Although it could also be used to chase and reset codes, it's better left to those in the know.
    I prefered using the laptop but as you say there is a bit of a learning curve and you got to be carefull on what you do / change with some software, For me it was more convenient to use the scanner at times, My brother in law was having problems with his car, Engine management light on and i advised him to get a cheap code reader, I can't remember the make of it but over the years it's more than paid for itself, I think he paid around 30 ish for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    I prefered using the laptop but as you say there is a bit of a learning curve and you got to be carefull on what you do / change with some software, For me it was more convenient to use the scanner at times, My brother in law was having problems with his car, Engine management light on and i advised him to get a cheap code reader, I can't remember the make of it but over the years it's more than paid for itself, I think he paid around 30 ish for it.
    You've got me thinking; are the UK & US OBD connectors the same - like universal?

Its more EOBD over here now, 16 pin DLC, Some older cars have different DLC and some had OBDII support IIRC, Back then we had a variety of different leads for the different cars DLC socket, In my younger days I worked in an Auto Transmission repair shop for about 12 years, We used to get a few American cars in for a transmission rebuild, I remember 1 particular car we maintained, It was a pink Caddy and what a joy to drive, It was owned by a local lady, These day's i hardly ever see an old American car on the road.

I've been a happy Amazon prime user for a long time (but being faculty, I get the student version very cheaply) and I would say easily the majority of my online shopping for new items is on Amazon.

For used/vintage items, it's eBay.

For items you can only realistically get in Japan, Yahoo Auctions Japan using a reshipper.

For very rare parts (such as an authentic Apple 550c Processor Card), its direct to east Asia (my Japanese and Chinese has gotten much better dealing with them.)

Blog Entries

Here we go again. I ordered a part for my wife's car on the 8th. Guaranteed two-day shipping. I got a notice on the 9th that it shipped and should arrive between the 14th and 22nd. This is what Prime gets me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Here we go again. I ordered a part for my wife's car on the 8th. Guaranteed two-day shipping. I got a notice on the 9th that it shipped and should arrive between the 14th and 22nd. This is what Prime gets me.
    That's bad. If it was me I would call customer service.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    That's bad. If it was me I would call customer service.
    It happens all the time. I didn't get any proof that that's what it said at the time and if I look up the item now it's "Not eligible for Amazon Prime".

I was at OfficeMax tonight and saw the printer I bought last week. They had it in stock and on display for $10 more than what Amazon charged. I should have checked there first.