Image Map Image Map

Thread: New Member Here

Default New Member Here

Hello,

My name is JohnDurg. I am retired and live in Florida. I have two vintage machines and a clone. One machine is a 1984 IBM 5155 Portable AT. I bought it new when I was in Grad School. It was a DOS machine, and I used WordPerfect 5.0 for Dos, and RBase system 5 for Dos. I also played a few games. My other machine is a Magnavox Headstart 300. This is also from the 80's, but does have a hard drive. The clone is an Altair reproduction, I am having a great time with it, although it has made a very steep learning curve for me. I look forward to getting friendly advice form all you experts.

John D

Welcome to the forum. The Altair reproduction sounds interesting, been thinking about one of those for a few years.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

Hey John, Welcome. Ever need to talk to a fellow 5155 owner please feel free to send me a private message. The power supplies are notoriously hard to rebuild once they fail, a problem I had to get around.

Blog Entries

Welcome! Retired and living in rural Nebraska. I have a number of different computers including Commodore, Tandy/Radio Shack, and newer PC compatibles.
    Rick Ethridge

Cool! Welcome! Check out my blog which covers a lot of Magnavox/Philips PCs.