Image Map Image Map

Thread: Announcement: Commodore Retro eXpo - August 24-26, 2018

Default Announcement: Commodore Retro eXpo - August 24-26, 2018

It's just 3 weeks away! The largest Commodore event in the U.S. will be held in Las Vegas, NV on August 24th-26th. This year's theme is "modern retro" and we will have a bunch of hardware developers and vendors presenting brand new products for the Commodore line of computers!

For more information, see our website: www.crxevent.com

You need to move this to Atlantic City.

Ha! Everyone says we need to move the event to their nearest large city! The truth is that Las Vegas is the easiest for our international guests because it has a huge international airport. Las Vegas is also extremely inexpensive when it comes to flights and room costs, making it really ideal for hosting an event like this.

Blog Entries

A more practical reason is to move it to difference place or time so that there aren't two C64 conventions in extremely close physical and temporal proximity.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
    It's just 3 weeks away! The largest Commodore event in the U.S. will be held in Las Vegas, NV on August 24th-26th. This year's theme is "modern retro" and we will have a bunch of hardware developers and vendors presenting brand new products for the Commodore line of computers!

For more information, see our website: www.crxevent.com
    I don't understand. Why would you have a Commodore event in LV a week or two after the established CommVex event???

There is long drawn out story about this. The short version is that Robert wants a tiny event with only a small group of people. The rest of us (meaning nearly every single person who attended CommVEx in the past) wants a real event, with a lot of space, so we can have a lot of people attend. Last year (the first year for CRX) we had a 5,000 sq. ft. room. This year we have a room that is 5,400 sq. ft. However, we actually just ran out of room, so I acquired another 1,700 sq. ft. of space (adjoining room). As a result, this year's CRX will have over 7,000 sq. ft. of space for attendees, vendors, and the general public. That still may not be enough space. We don't charge admission to the public. Everyone is welcome to attend. Late July/early August is the best rates for convention rooms. Last year CRX was held on the same days as CommVEx because people had already booked airline tickets and hotel rooms for CommVEx (before the fiasco occurred) and didn't want to lose that money to book a different date to attend CRX instead.

I have a great line up of special guests this year including Stefany Allaire (demoing the first C256 Foenix computer), Nate Lawson, Dimitris Giannakis, Jim Brain, Jim Happel, AJ Palmgren, and others. I already have commitments from numerous special guests for next year too. The event will be even larger next year, and I expect it to grow considerably in the years to come.
    Last edited by JimDrew; August 18th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.