Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wordpress comment troll silliness

Quote Originally Posted by VileR View Post
    So I decided to check out one of those newfangled 'Static Site Generators', and never looked back. Your content is generated only once, whenever you choose to create or update it, on your local machine if you prefer.
    Not really too different from a good old fashioned HTML program or if you're so inclined... a plain old text editor.

I still use NVU when I want to create any html content.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Not really too different from a good old fashioned HTML program or if you're so inclined... a plain old text editor.
    Exactly - it's pretty much that, only with the difference of a templating system which 'puts the pieces together' for you. So if I put up a new post, change a page's title, or add a link to my header, I only need to make one change and all my menus/pages/etc. are updated everywhere. But unlike a "content mismanagement system", it all starts and ends with raw static HTML, no need to run a database or a scripting engine etc. That's why I love it.
    int10h.org :: :: :: blog