Image Map Image Map

Thread: PowerBook 100 repairs

Default PowerBook 100 repairs

Does anyone know of any place that repairs PB100s? I have one that was working when I put it away years ago but now it's dead even with new PRAM batteries installed. I know the main battery is dead and there's no way to get a replacement for it, but working off the AC adapter is fine with me.

2. Default

The powerbook 100 is a Macintosh Portable in disguise, indeed a recreation by Sony of his elder brother, and just as the Portable, the Logic Board is sensible to leaking capacitors.

A powerbook 100 will not boot without replacing the whole set of capacitors, and there is a lot of them.

At best, the 100 will display a grey/blue screen, without chime.

Main battery or Pram battery is not required, worse, the old main battery will prevent a boot or will do strange things.

Quote Originally Posted by bibilit View Post
    The powerbook 100 is a Macintosh Portable in disguise, indeed a recreation by Sony of his elder brother, and just as the Portable, the Logic Board is sensible to leaking capacitors.

A powerbook 100 will not boot without replacing the whole set of capacitors, and there is a lot of them.

At best, the 100 will display a grey/blue screen, without chime.

Main battery or Pram battery is not required, worse, the old main battery will prevent a boot or will do strange things.
    Yes, which is why I'm looking for someone that can repair them.

I do board recaps, but it's not cheap.

Two way shipping, parts and my time add up, the last board I recapped was bit over $100.