Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wanted: Exidy Sorcerer CP/M

Quote Originally Posted by gertk View Post
    Were there any harddisk systems for the Exidy ? Preferably with some info on IO addresses and/or controller so I can add it to my ARM Exidy emu.
    I find that little over 300k per floppydisk can be tight assembling large sources, because of the generated PRN file.
    I was thinking that that would theoretically be possible as there were S-100 based hard disk interfaces. And a fast google gave me this: https://vintagecomputer.ca/exidy-sor...ystery-solved/

Nope, mine is soft sectored.

More reading and actually examining my floppies shows they're very definitely hard sectored. I've never seen hard sectored 5.25" disks before so this is interesting indeed.
    www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - UK home computer history
    Where RIFA capacitors come to die
    facebook.com/binarydinosaurs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gertk View Post
    I find that little over 300k per floppydisk can be tight assembling large sources, because of the generated PRN file.
    The usual procedure with two SSSD 8" floppies (250KB per) was to assemble without without a listing to check for errors and getting binaries and then to assemble a second time with an online printer. Vast piles of software were developed using only two 250K floppy drives. Hard drives were either freakishly expensive or simply not available during the early days of 8-bit computing. I think the hard disk for the Intel MDS800 had a 5-digit price tag (and that was when a dollar was worth considerably more than it is today).