Image Map Image Map

Thread: Commodore PET 4016 - Free local pickup

Default Commodore PET 4016 - Free local pickup

Hi everyone! I found this great forum a few months ago while searching for information about the Commodore PET 4016. This is my first post! Just wanted to inform any interested members that I listed a PET 4016 in the For Sale section. However, I'm asking no money for it, just offering it to anyone who wants to pick it up. Look for it in the For Sale section, with a description and picture. Not sure how long it will take to post, as it has to be approved by the moderator first. Just prefer not to bring it to Electronic Recycling until I reached out to forum members first.

mf,
    I'd like to try the troubleshooting firmware some have just developed on the forum. I live locally and will send you a pm. If it turns out to be an easy fix, you can have it back at no repair cost.
    -Dave

If you would like to try a new diagnostic ROM yourself, let us know!
    -Dave

Mark has his 4016 PET back. It had a bad keyboard, bad CPU socket and a bad RAM chip. I could not fix his keyboard so I substituted an old C64 keyboard with a special Edit ROM from Steve Gray. Mark is going to post his experience at restoring his PET to pristine condition. He is also going to fix the keyboard to get everything to original condition. The Pettest3 test was helpful in fixing the PET.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
    Mark has his 4016 PET back. It had a bad keyboard, bad CPU socket and a bad RAM chip. I could not fix his keyboard so I substituted an old C64 keyboard with a special Edit ROM from Steve Gray. Mark is going to post his experience at restoring his PET to pristine condition. He is also going to fix the keyboard to get everything to original condition. The Pettest3 test was helpful in fixing the PET.
    -Dave
    Sellam has a PET keyboard for sale for $30 in the for sale section if he would like to restore it to its original look.