Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 486 with bizarre power supply plug!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheGates View Post
    I'll try and do that once I have the know how.

Tap on the images to get the high res image. The forum turned them into low res thumbs, not me!

Unfortunately the forum resizes all images when you upload them, and as a result these images are only 210x280 pixels and we are hardly able to make out the writing on the PSU. It would be better to upload them to something like imgur.com and then link them to your post.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheGates View Post
    Hi,
    I just got my 486, but the original power supply is stone dead. I was planning on replacing it anyway, no no problem I thought. Issue is the plug on the motherboard appears to be proprietary, and Google brings up very little.Attachment 47190Attachment 47190
    Any ideas what the hell this thing is, and can it be replaced?

Thanks!
    By any chance, is this the Mitsubishi computer you were talking about in another topic concerning the keyboard/mouse ports? If so, you've got a proprietary computer! Pretty much nothing interchangeable with a "clone" 486. I doubt a standard type PSU will fit. If you were able to find one that did fit, you'd have to install the connector from the original PSU to make it work.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenberg View Post
    By any chance, is this the Mitsubishi computer you were talking about in another topic concerning the keyboard/mouse ports? If so, you've got a proprietary computer! Pretty much nothing interchangeable with a "clone" 486. I doubt a standard type PSU will fit. If you were able to find one that did fit, you'd have to install the connector from the original PSU to make it work.

Mark
    Hi,
    Yes it is indeed that PC. It does have PS/2 input for the keyboard, and I found a working power supply on eBay. I'm now having other issues lol!!