Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tandy Software Wanted

Default Tandy Software Wanted

I would like to ask the forum for Software, Including Boot Disk's for the following: 1400 LT, 1000 EX. I'm not asking for freebies, I can pay or even send my own Floppies. If all you have are boot disks that will be fine.I haven't received my gotek yet so I can't use my images yet. Thank You...

2. Default

Do you have any Tandy’s/old machines with 5.25 and 3.5 drives? You can use freeDos’s diskcopy to write the ex images to disks. Just copy the images to the 3.5 disks, then bring em to the machine with 5.25 to write the disks
    Tandy 1000EX/SX/HX/TL3/RLHD, Tandy 2500SX-MultiMedia/SX-33, Coco 1, Coco 3, TRS-80 4p

Looking for a 1000TX mobo, EX/HX Serial / Parallel cards, and that little tab from the upper right corner of a Tandy keyboard that holds the function key labels in place

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPoobah View Post
    Do you have any Tandy’s/old machines with 5.25 and 3.5 drives? You can use freeDos’s diskcopy to write the ex images to disks. Just copy the images to the 3.5 disks, then bring em to the machine with 5.25 to write the disks
    Ok Thanks I'll give it a try.

So I spent most of tonight fixing an old compaq to serve as my Free Dos machine but it only has 1 CD Rom, 1 DVD and 1 1.44 meg floppy(all I have here that would work) So hopefully the next post will be of jubilation on getting some software made. I am mainly a Hard Ware Tech, Software is another growing matter for me but I'm getting there. Dos is slowly coming back to me the more I use it. If it wasn't for this forum I would almost be lost, So big THANKS for ALL Members here!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the wizard View Post
    So I spent most of tonight fixing an old compaq to serve as my Free Dos machine but it only has 1 CD Rom, 1 DVD and 1 1.44 meg floppy(all I have here that would work) So hopefully the next post will be of jubilation on getting some software made. I am mainly a Hard Ware Tech, Software is another growing matter for me but I'm getting there. Dos is slowly coming back to me the more I use it. If it wasn't for this forum I would almost be lost, So big THANKS for ALL Members here!!!!!
    Give me the link of the files you need and there names of the files and I will try and make them for you.
    I only ask Question if I don't know and I will reply to question if I know.

6. Default

You don’t need to install freedos. Sorry if i wasn’t clear. You just need the diskcopy file from freedos. It will work under whatever dos you have.

1. Format a 3.5 disk on an SX or something. If the disk is high density, tape over the hole.

2. Take it to a modern computer and copy the diskcopy file from freedos, and whatever images will fit.

3. Take it back to the machine with 3.5 and 5.25 (the SX?) and do:
    Diskcopy filename.img a: (or whatever letter is your 5.25)

You don’t need to install freedos. Sorry if i wasn’t clear. You just need the diskcopy file from freedos. It will work under whatever dos you have.

1. Format a 3.5 disk on an SX or something. If the disk is high density, tape over the hole.

2. Take it to a modern computer and copy the diskcopy file from freedos, and whatever images will fit.

3. Take it back to the machine with 3.5 and 5.25 (the SX?) and do:
    Diskcopy filename.img a: (or whatever letter is your 5.25)
    Man I'm such a Ditz, this will work great untill my Gotek get's here then I can use a Flash drive. Thanks GrandPooba.

Just received my GoTek today in the mail, Do I have to flash it, or use it straight away. Also: it has to be in the bottom drive bay to be drive A or 1, any outside input will be greatly appreciated. I can use all the help I can get.

9. Default

It all depends on what machine you’re putting it into. No need to flash it. You can put a different firmware on it, but that’s optional.
    Tandy 1000EX/SX/HX/TL3/RLHD, Tandy 2500SX-MultiMedia/SX-33, Coco 1, Coco 3, TRS-80 4p

Looking for a 1000TX mobo, EX/HX Serial / Parallel cards, and that little tab from the upper right corner of a Tandy keyboard that holds the function key labels in place

It all depends on what machine you’re putting it into. No need to flash it. You can put a different firmware on it, but that’s optional.
    Great, Thanks for your Help GrandPoobah.