Image Map Image Map

Thread: does anyone have a picture of a connector from a cmos battery pack?

Default does anyone have a picture of a connector from a cmos battery pack?

Looking for a 4 pin 2 wire cmos battery pack (like the ones that take 4xAA cells) .

This turned up in google search:

Source:http://pc-restorer.com/replacing-cmo...es-in-old-pcs/

The 4AA one will have the same connector.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

Blog Entries

I use leftover CD-ROM audio cables and solder on whatever battery holder is handy.
    If I remember correctly it's a standard 2.54mm pin spacing (0.1").
    WTB: IBM RT Parts and Accessories, and AOS.
    Twitter / Discord / YouTube / Twitch

I use FCI Mini-PV connectors, part # 65039-033LF when making up replacements. Those will accept crimp # 47217-000LF. Both are current production and available from Mouser, etc. Note that on the FCI crimps, the strain relief wraps around the wire, it doesn't get pinched down into it -- if you use cheap hand crimpers that try and pinch it down into the insulation, it'll often cut the wire off.

They are indeed standard 0.1" spacing connectors, you can use a Molex KK-100 (KK-254) or anything else, in a pinch.

Blog Entries

Any recommendations for a suitable crimp tool? Would be handy if I could make those on the fly (and I'd have more CDROM audio cables spare).
    WTB: IBM RT Parts and Accessories, and AOS.
    Twitter / Discord / YouTube / Twitch

Blog Entries

Genuine professional Molex crimp tools are stupid expensive. However, there are less expensive alternatives. Discussion here

Well, this one's a FCI/Dupont/Amp/Berg (they've been bought and sold a few times ). Here's an excellent writeup on them:

http://tech.mattmillman.com/info/cri...ectors/#minipv

The author goes over not only the connector and the proper crimpers for the terminals, but also compares various cheap crimpers. Apparently no single cheap crimper will properly crimp a Mini-PV terminal, but you can make do with two different cheap ones. I personally have the older Dupont HT-213A, which was IIRC around $100 used.

Hey, Jono, how many CD cables would you be looking for? I might have some extras.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen