Image Map Image Map

Thread: Alienware Aurora 5500 RARE RETRO GAMING PC XP Pentium D 4GB GAMES

Default Alienware Aurora 5500 RARE RETRO GAMING PC XP Pentium D 4GB GAMES

Alienware Aurora 5500 RARE RETRO GAMING PC XP Pentium D 4GB GAMES On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alienware-Aurora-5500-RARE-RETRO-GAMING-PC-XP-Pentium-D-4GB-GAMES/263860965081?

Blog Entries

Rare? Perhaps, but not worth the asking price tbh. But I wish you luck selling it.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

There's nothing rare about that machine except for maybe the case, but that thing is ugly in my opinion. The parts inside are bog standard dime a dozen and don't add any value to the machine.

The inside of the machine is filthy and the rear I/O cards are missing screws and a slot cover, which severely detracts from the value. Nobody wants to buy another's dirt and grime.

If the machine was cleaned up, you might get $200 shipped for it, but in no way is it worth $700. The only way it'd have that kind of value is if it had some rare high end video card(s), CPU or addon card.

I'm always skeptical when I see RARE used to describe items for sale.

You do the math.

In fact, I usually just skip right past them.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

1.44 Floppy drive (does not work as this computer motherboard has no floppy drive controller in the motherboard, it was shipped from Alienware in this configuration)
    ...you guys smell something?

The following (Abandonware) games are installed and working with sound.
    FINAL DOOM
    Wolfenstein 3d
    Oregon Trail Deluxe
    Lode Runner
    Beavis and Butthead Virtual Stupidity
    (sitcom laughter)
    = Excellent space heater

I guess everything that's older than 4 years classifies as retro and rare nowadays... how does anything Windows XP related fall into that category. But indeed, adding "RETRO RARE CULT" to your description always makes for more views I guess (and more views means more potential sellers and that means more potential people that might be willing to overpay).
    Oh man, this isn't happening... it only thinks it's happening. - Kevin Flynn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denniske1976 View Post
    I guess everything that's older than 4 years classifies as retro and rare nowadays... how does anything Windows XP related fall into that category.
    The bar got set pretty low once vogons.org started allowing people to talk DOS gaming on machines with core2 and PCI express. Something about people complaining it was entitlement to find a 486 these days. :P
    Last edited by NeXT; Today at 04:13 PM.
    = Excellent space heater

Give me beige or give me death!

Ah, you've still got some death left? Well then.