Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fedex ground shipping

Blog Entries

Fedex says still wandering around Seattle with no delivery date scheduled.

I suspect that they lost the damned thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Fedex says still wandering around Seattle with no delivery date scheduled.

I suspect that they lost the damned thing.
    Call them. They are really good at follow up service.
    I had a package disappear, and it turned out the shipping label had been torn off.
    They were able to identify it from a description of what was inside.

Blog Entries

It was a retail item, so it's not my responsibility. I'll have the vendor send out another--by USPS.

Blog Entries

USPS is great and reliable, except when it's not. They have screwed me over a few times with packages and when you have to reach someone to discuss it they become a complete nightmare.

I ordered a SCSI card off of Ebay, it was shipped to me via USPS. Never arrived, yet showed as delivered, so ebay and paypal washed their hands of it and told me to call USPS. I called then and was told I needed to talk to the postmaster, but he did not answer. I had to leave a message twice a day for over 2 months before he finally called me back, and then he had the gall to tell me that he could ask his guys about the delivery, but since it's been 2 months they are not likely to remember anything, at which point I called him some names that were less than flattering and hung up on him.

So yeah, everyone has their experiences with shipping things, and for me personally I find all three (Fedex, USPS and UPS) to be equally reliable, with USPS being maybe a touch more so. But no matter which one you go with, all of their tracking systems suck.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10