Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Nintendo 64

It was my least favorite console of the time. Thanks to Nintendo sticking with Cart format the games were way too expensive and although it had the edge, in some respects, over the PS1, the games were not as good as the PS1, IMHO. I basically got it for the exclusives. Mario 64, Zelda, Star Wars, etc. I had more fun with the PS1, Saturn and the previous generation, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy Zapp View Post
    It was my least favorite console of the time. Thanks to Nintendo sticking with Cart format the games were way too expensive and although it had the edge, in some respects, over the PS1, the games were not as good as the PS1, IMHO. I basically got it for the exclusives. Mario 64, Zelda, Star Wars, etc. I had more fun with the PS1, Saturn and the previous generation, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Duo.
    The N64 was all about the multiplayer. No other console of that generation had 4 controller ports built in. Unless you count the Dreamcast in 1999, which was a generation ahead.

The N64 was my family's first gaming console back in the year 2000. 18 years later, I still have the console with all of the cables, 2 controllers, the microphone adapter for the Hey, you! Pikachu game, and 14 games altogether with the expansion pak installed and memory card. Planning on turning my back room or some spot in my house as a game room with the SNES, N64, PS1, GameCube, and Xbox Original on two TV sets (I had all of the consoles hooked up to 3 TV sets a couple of years ago using the DVD recorder as the main unit).

Current retro systems:
    2x Commodore 64 Breadbin 250407 Rev. B and C
    Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus, aka, the Ultimate Sound Card machine
    iMac G3/600 Graphite, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger, Lubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    iMac G4/800 Lampshade, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
    YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroPCUser

Quote Originally Posted by TravisHuckins View Post
    The N64 was all about the multiplayer. No other console of that generation had 4 controller ports built in. Unless you count the Dreamcast in 1999, which was a generation ahead.
    True. Plus the reason I bought it was the exclusives.

Although, Sony did release a PS1 Multi-Tap that you could use to hook up to 8 players (with two of them), it was mostly sports games that took advantage of it though.