Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage 1970s Small Sony Triniton TV

Blog Entries

I've had a real struggle trying to find the correct TV for my TVT. I was trying to find a TV that was like the one on the magazine cover. I didn't want one of those weird 60s space age TVs... just standard with two dials on the right but for sure from 1973 or earlier. Some have manufacture dates on them but not nearly all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Your prices (saw the Tandy TX as well) are optimistic, even considering that shipping is included. I'm starting to think that you list them to appease your wife, but price them so that you'll still get to keep them
    Funny how that works. If it sells it sells. I've had a few offers but just tire kickers.

In all seriousness, I don't think the TV is a reach at all.

I have a modem and some big box games up there as well.
    - Jack of all trades, master of none, but ofttimes better than a master of one. -

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    I've had a real struggle trying to find the correct TV for my TVT. I was trying to find a TV that was like the one on the magazine cover. I didn't want one of those weird 60s space age TVs... just standard with two dials on the right but for sure from 1973 or earlier. Some have manufacture dates on them but not nearly all.
    This is early 70s from what I saw, 71 or 72.
    - Jack of all trades, master of none, but ofttimes better than a master of one. -

Blog Entries

I used a Zenith all-tube B&W "hot chassis" 12" model. The one on the PE cover was probably a transistor-tube model. eBay is full of the things.

Quote Originally Posted by psquare75 View Post
    This is early 70s from what I saw, 71 or 72.
    Radiomuseum dates it to 1971. I bought one last year to use with my Magnavox Odyssey.