Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hello from Ohio!

Default Hello from Ohio!

Hello all! I'm Megatron, a newcomer to the vintage computer scene. I'm a 19 year old art student living in Cincinnati, OH. I've been into vintage computers ever since I was a little kid, and my dad would tell me about the TRS-80 Model III he had when he was a kid, and all the stuff he would do with them when he was young. My first vintage computer was a very well-used Apple IIe I got off a Craigslist ad back in December. After I cleaned it up, removed some of the yellow, replaced the broken keyswitches and tinkered with the insides, I was hooked. Now, after much scouring of the local swapshops, flea markets, Craigslist ads, yard sales, and just plain asking around, I've amassed a small collection of my own, including: Apple II, II+, IIe, IIgs, Mac 512k, Classic, Color Classic, PowerMac 7200/75, PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, Mac Pro, Performa 6300CD, iMac G3, as well as non-Apple products that I'm trying to expand on, such as the Osborne-1 and the TRS-80 CoCo.

I'm really hoping to post more here, as I could certainly use the help with some of these systems, haha.

Welcome to the Forum!

That is a very sweet collection you have going on there already, I like it!
    I hope to see you posting around.

Great to meet you. TRS-80 is one system I know very little about, so perhaps you will help some of us out too!

Blog Entries

I have three different TRs-80 computers, a Tandy 1000 SL and a Color Computer 3.

Welcome.
    Rick Ethridge

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums!
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Thanks everyone! I hope to learn a lot from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ethridge View Post
    I have three different TRs-80 computers, a Tandy 1000 SL and a Color Computer 3.

Welcome.
    Sweet! What models of TRS-80 do you have?

Blog Entries

I have a fully loaded Model One, A four drive, green-screen, 128k Model 4 and a later model Model 4P with 128k.
    Rick Ethridge

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ethridge View Post
    I have a fully loaded Model One, A four drive, green-screen, 128k Model 4 and a later model Model 4P with 128k.
    Ooh, those are some very nice systems, indeed. I envy your Model I, haha

Welcome. I am in Cincinnati too.
    PCjr, DTK PC-XT Turbo, 386DX 33, 486 laptop, Pentium 120, Pentium III 500, various old laptops, Commodore Colt, all working. I also have a 286 that I need to see if I can repair.