Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw this cheap 15k RGB monitor on Ebay.. Not mine.

Blog Entries

Default Saw this cheap 15k RGB monitor on Ebay.. Not mine.

I was browsing old tvs and saw this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Videot...0AAOSwVqlaA1Bm

Looks to me to be a composite / rgb monitor (15k). (Or not RGB, see the post by next further down the thread)

Can't remember the name of the connector, but I used on like this in the 80's for my c128's rgb output.

He's asking $31.66 + shipping.
    Last edited by dabone; August 28th, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

That's not a bad price. It's a digital RGB connector, according to this site.

Blog Entries

I know of that plug existing before digital RGB was a thing for that connector. You will want to verify that the TV supports it before buying.

http://www.labguysworld.com/8PinVTR.gif

Quote Originally Posted by LabGuysWorld
    Old EIAJ VTR decks and monitors had this convenient connector. It saved the operator from having to connect four separate cable in order to record off air programs. The jumper cable contains four high quality coax cables within it. This cable was wired one to one, straight through as shown above. On the monitor end, simply reverse the in/out nomenclatures.
    If you make up your own cables or adapters, be sure to connect the grounds precisely as shown. Also do not tie the grounds together. You may introduce ground loops or cross talk problems that you really don't need.
    Video levels are, once again, standard 1Vp-p, sync negative, terminated into 75 ohms. Audio input level is -20 dB, high impedance. Audio output level is 0 dB, high impedance. This information comes from the Sony CV-2600 service manual.
    - http://www.labguysworld.com/Connectors.htm

This connector was used on the Tandy 2000 high res RGB monitor as well as a host of Sony computers. They usually supported greater than 15khz, going all the way to 640*400.

Blog Entries

I know of that plug existing before digital RGB was a thing for that connector. You will want to verify that the TV supports it before buying.
    Well, learning new things every day. I'm going to go with Next's post. So maybe not a RGB monitor.

I had one of these...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1980s-S...AAAOSwnTdaDmNu

Back in the day with my 128, so I assumed that having that connector it was rgb.

Blog Entries

If you end up with the monitor, I believe I have a plug for the 8-pin connection somewhere in my hellbox. It was originally part of a cable for a Japanese monitor back in the early 80s. The nameplate on the thing said "100VAC" for the line voltage, per Japanese convention, but it worked well on 120VAC.

This monitor is a Sony broadcast video monitor. It isn't a television set, it doesn't appear to have a tuner. The connector is to connect a VTR/VCR up to it. Videotek is a company from Pottstown PA that made commercial video broadcast/surveillance equipment not computer equipment. It has composite video/audio In & loopthrough connectors.

HTH,
    Tom

Blog Entries

The top does look like it has a spot for an antenna.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

It's funny if you look at the back it shows Sony KV-1365 as the model number above the Videotek sticker... but the front controls and the back panel don't match the manual I found.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geoffm3 View Post
    It's funny if you look at the back it shows Sony KV-1365 as the model number above the Videotek sticker... but the front controls and the back panel don't match the manual I found.
    The model may refer to the chassis and not the body.
    Thank like how the Commodore 1702 does not share the same controls or chassis but shares a nearly identical enclosure to the JVC television set it was based from (and still has the indent for the removable antenna) or how one model of the video display for the TRS-80 Model I was by all means an RCA television with the RF stage removed.