Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United Parcel Smashers

Blog Entries

I don't remember Solaris 9 being that bad. I used it for years but it's been a decade or more since I have. I liked SunOS's OpenLook better, but for CLI, I preferred later Solaris.

Blog Entries

Al,
    Pity. I think my U60 has multiple faults, but sending from the UK is a bit expensive...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

I have had good experience with Fedex ground, specifically the one in Santa Clara near the movies theater off 101 in California. They have packaged stuff for me like an original Apple-1 wood case and most recently a very heavy TI silent 733 ASR and they ship across the country perfectly. Granted I pay for double boxing and for them to pack it so it’s not cheap.

However I wouldn’t trust anyone but the US postal service certified mail/package for anything that is small and easily damaged like a mechanical watch. Those packages are slow but are handled with kid gloves and sealed from being opened.

Blog Entries

FedEx is pretty decent. They are the main shipper I use from the US. Just don't festoon the box with Fragile stickers. I think they take that as a personal insult and then bad things happen.

Blog Entries

I use Fedex ground in preference to UPS. Haven't had anything mangled by them in my recollection--and they're often cheaper than UPS by a bit. They also offer a service to "hold at Fedex location for pickup", which avoids having things land on someone's front porch for most of a day.